Valpak has been identified as a key community partner with USF. The internship is for the fall, 2012 semester and likely will roll into the spring.
Job Title: Digital Public Relations (PR) and Social Media Intern
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in PR and Social Media strategy development and execution.
2. Participate in weekly meetings with PR and social media agencies.
- a. Press release drafts
- b. Social media messages
- c. PR and Social Media articles for employee or franchise communications
4. Learning and using PR measurement tools:
- a. Monitor daily reports on coverage from television (Metro Monitoring)
- b. Monitor daily reports on print and online coverage (Vocus)
- c. Assist with monthly media reports (Vocus software)
5. Learning and using social media to communicate for the business:
- a. External: Update and monitor corporate social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, blogs, YouTube
- b. Internal: InsideValpak, MyMazuma, Voice
6. Internet research to identify opportunities for proactive engagement.
7. Assist with community tours at Valpak Manufacturing Center.
- Must be a current Junior or Senior undergraduate or graduate student in pursuit of Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations degree.
- Current use and knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc preferred.
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of individuals/groups.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc. — a subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Media Group. With over 165 franchises throughout the United States and Canada, The Blue Envelope® delivers savings and value to nearly 40 million households each month. Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes. Valpak also offers digital solutions with www.Valpak.com®, an online site for local savings, which has nearly 40 million offer views each month, as well as mobile phones, including apps for the most current operating systems.
Mentor: Deanna Willsey
Hourly Rate: $12.50
Please contact Dr. Deni Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.